Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

RPG Discussion Thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

176 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Hollyღ

Dove in the Moonlight
Finally posted my overdue post ahh. Not as long as I want nor does it meet my crazy high standards but I've been to busy this week and the next following days to work on it much longer.

View user profile

177 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:27 pm

SQUIGGLES

The 7th Wonder of the World
Hollyღ wrote:Not as long as I want nor does it meet my crazy high standards
LOL
everyone in this thread is saying this gosh
you're all good, guys

View user profile

178 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:35 am

SQUIGGLES

still have more to post but just getting that out of the way yeah because it'll be so long if i put it all in the one post
i'll write more tomorrow

my guy isn't black
when I say "the black man" i mean like the other kind of black

ahh had more i wanted to say but i've forgotten
maybe tomorrow morning i'll remember

dew and icriex have mail

critique as always

also i don't know american accents well enough to write them
everyone will henceforth be speaking australian english

View user profile

179 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 am

SQUIGGLES

oh god i'm already putting in ridiculously convoluted shit
someone hit me
i
dont
even
know
what
im
fucking
writing
anymore

i still have more to post
i know you're all panicking
"where's the rest??? WHERES THE REST???"

but its cool

dont panic
DONT PANIC

View user profile

180 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:34 am

Hollyღ

Dove in the Moonlight
>Squiggles critique as always

You have this really nice way of describing the more repulsive details of the city - the personality you add to your  background characters make it feel like they are equally important and filled with life, as opposed to only focusing on your character and I really dig that. I think you really do a great job of setting up scenes without bogging them down with description, something I'm always struggling with and I'm so jealous

I love the way you describe your character, Harold has this aura about him that makes you want to trust him because he draws you close with his mystery and chilling coolness but that's just his silvertongue working its charms. There's such an intense mix of personality to him that it's hard to tell what his real intentions are and that's just so cool. I really can't wait until my naive girl gets caught up in the craziness of yours

Fuck I hate critiquing I always sound pretentious

>Squiggles oh god i'm already putting in ridiculously convoluted shit someone hit me

View user profile

181 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:34 pm

If anyone wants to know how my character knows his way around the city enough to be a taxi driver despite being in the city for roughly 2 days, I will explain this in a later post. I also feel like I left a few other things unexplained, and if so will try to explain them.

also on a side-note, this is the first RP I have ever been on in this forum and I want to know what people think of Markus McField so if I need to make any adjustments to his story to fit the theme of this RP better, I can

View user profile

182 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:08 am

SQUIGGLES

Moltenfield wrote:also on a side-note, this is the first RP I have ever been on in this forum and I want to know what people think of Markus McField so if I need to make any adjustments to his story to fit the theme of this RP better
Markus is a boss, buddy
I'm loving this neurotic, armed taxi driver who has to keep tabs on everything; it's fresh. It's fetch. Mega fetch.
You might already have something planned for this but the only thing I think you might want to add in is a flaw or a quirk or something- for example: he always loses dice games or faints at the sight of blood. You don't have to but it'll make things a little more interesting.

Might as well talk it out here so Dew can chip in:
How are we working Markus into this jumble mcbumble?:
Dew's got a thing coming up where he investigates a guy, we'll call him Mister Guy for clarity for now; so Elliott's investigating Mister Guy and Mister Guy turns up dead and Elliott gets into a fight or however he wants to take it.  

I think I like the idea of Markus picking up Elliott on the way to investigate Mister Guy; Elliott tells Markus to wait outside for a moment and when Elliott goes inside he gets into a tussle. Markus hears some shooting or whatever and decides to investigate -or however you wanna spin it- and helps save Elliott (Elliott of course maintaining that he "could've taken them all anyway"); from there it's pretty much wide open: Elliott will owe Markus a bit of a debt and one way or another Harold -my guy- is going to find out Elliott and Markus are involved, drawing them both out into the wide world of winvestigation.

Is that a good idea or a bad idea or? Change it or scrap it or whatever you guys want, I'm not really fussed since it's not impacting on me too much, I just need to know what information you guys are going to be following up. I spaced out when we were talking about it earlier, I can't remember what was suggested.

View user profile

183 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:25 am

Hollyღ

Dove in the Moonlight
Thanks for putting forethought in your character Molten, sounds interesting
>Markus McField
LOL yes.

View user profile

184 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:42 am

SQUIGGLES wrote:
How are we working Markus into this jumble mcbumble?:
Dew's got a thing coming up where he investigates a guy, we'll call him Mister Guy for clarity for now; so Elliott's investigating Mister Guy and Mister Guy turns up dead and Elliott gets into a fight or however he wants to take it.  

I think I like the idea of Markus picking up Elliott on the way to investigate Mister Guy; Elliott tells Markus to wait outside for a moment and when Elliott goes inside he gets into a tussle. Markus hears some shooting or whatever and decides to investigate -or however you wanna spin it- and helps save Elliott (Elliott of course maintaining that he "could've taken them all anyway"); from there it's pretty much wide open: Elliott will owe Markus a bit of a debt and one way or another Harold -my guy- is going to find out Elliott and Markus are involved, drawing them both out into the wide world of winvestigation.

Is that a good idea or a bad idea or? Change it or scrap it or whatever you guys want, I'm not really fussed since it's not impacting on me too much, I just need to know what information you guys are going to be following up. I spaced out when we were talking about it earlier, I can't remember what was suggested.
It pretty much was along the original lines of what we talked about, I like it, and it certainly seems likely.

View user profile

185 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:59 pm

SQUIGGLES

because apparently DRUNK SASHA is just a convoluted writer
don't drink and write

View user profile

186 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:52 am

Hollyღ

Dove in the Moonlight
Ziggy I ladyboner for your character
I'm writing up my post now!

View user profile

187 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:44 am

SQUIGGLES

god why did i write that shit
that is going to be so hard to write a follow up to
i hate my life can we start over please

I'll post soon even if Holly doesn't post yet

View user profile

188 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:43 am

Hollyღ

Dove in the Moonlight
I'm almost done with my post, but go ahead and post before me if you finish first

View user profile

189 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Hollyღ

Dove in the Moonlight
I DIDN'T FORGET
I'm almost ready to post
STOP YELLING AT ME

View user profile

190 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:13 am

SQUIGGLES

LOL

View user profile

191 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:24 am

Hollyღ

Dove in the Moonlight
I SAID STOP YELLING
IT WILL BE POSTED TONIGHT
OR TOMORROW MORNING

View user profile

192 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:36 pm

View user profile

193 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:54 am

SQUIGGLES

Gonna give my bit a shot tonight
Probably wont finish it and since I'm going out tomorrow I wont get a chance to finish it then or maybe the day after either.
I know we don't have a post order but just in case someone was waiting for me to post I am ok with them going first.

also
i am just going to say this now
i am changing tense like
four or five times in my part
do not even start shit with me I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it
just keep an eye on it and you should get what's going on

View user profile

194 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:24 pm

I know your post is incomplete chief, so tell me if my response to it isn't working well with whatever you've got set up.

View user profile

195 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:28 pm

SQUIGGLES

Nope, all very cool
I can definitely work with that

I'll probably finish mine tonight some time since I'm feeling pretty chipper

View user profile

196 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:59 am

SQUIGGLES

Completing my post now; I think everything lines up with yours, skipper, I'm not really bothered with inconsistencies (on my end) in this little arc since I don't think there's much I'll carry on, so don't worry about me feeling slighted. I ended up with three bodies and only two were reported but mistakes like that happen in real life so I don't think you should even change it. You can butcher my part to fit in details if you've got a particular direction in mind.

Hadn't really thought where I was going to take this, I am pretty much OK with anyone dying or getting arrested or whatever except the jew and Harold.
for skipper:
I figure the dead guys could lead back to Pussy who i am planning on killing soon, i think
i can't remember

I'll let you know soon whenever I think about it

did i tell you what I had planned? I legitimately can't remember
My post is very casual and I'm overdoing the framing and the descriptions are very mechanical i know I KNOW GOSH
not really feeling the creative passion these last few weeks
I need to work myself back into the groove of writing
Don't even bother critiquing this one, anyone, because I know god damn it it's eating me up inside im just going to kill myself i cant live with the shame but i cant be bothered doing anything about it

View user profile

197 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:30 am

SQUIGGLES

i think i finished yep
so messy
i feel dirty looking at those tenses

View user profile

198 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:30 am

I'll be making my post in the rp. If someone beats me to the punch feel free to post.

View user profile

199 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:59 pm

SQUIGGLES

I love that Markus is like allergic to liquor, that is very cool

View user profile

200 Re: RPG Discussion Thread on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:21 am

Hollyღ

Dove in the Moonlight
Cool posts guys, you're making me jealous on how fast you can write these up

View user profile

Sponsored content