Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

TTBM #4? 5? I don't even-

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 40]

76 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:52 am

Manly McEngineshell III wrote:I was making aromatic chicken pilau. OBVIOUSLY.

I actually had to look that up.

SO..... Congrats on knowing a food that I didn't.

View user profile

77 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:42 am

Jonny

Prince of the Squirtle Squad
Eh, I was only making it because I got 1000 Recipes for my DS.

View user profile

78 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:16 pm

TTBM: I'm getting paranoid about how all of the weakpoints of the human body. I feel so fragle.

View user profile

79 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:18 pm

SQUIGGLES

The 7th Wonder of the World
People don't generally go around assassinating teenagers; I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

View user profile

80 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Uh, right.

View user profile

81 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Jonny

Prince of the Squirtle Squad
You're probably tougher than you think, Katls. I mean, it's not like you throw yourself into traffic, right?

Right?

View user profile

82 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:32 pm

SQUIGGLES

"What's your hobby?"

"Oh, I like to throw myself into traffic, today I am aiming for blue cars"

View user profile

83 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:34 pm

It really gets the blood pumping.

@Katls: Yeah, you're probably fine. Unless.... Unless you do anything other than sit in a chair, and even then hundreds of things could kill you.

Yeah, the chances of you NOT dying are actually not that good.

Oh shit.

View user profile

84 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:18 pm

TTBM: While getting some fast-food, my dad ended up getting a screwed-up order.
This caused him to become very irritable, so he started doing what he usually does when he's irritable: Complain about one of our cats not wanting to be around people.
He talked about how since he's the one who pays for the cat food and is the owner of the furniture the cat sleeps on, then the cat should be more respectful and affectionate for him, or else we'll get rid of him.
This brings me to my first rant.

WHY IN THE FUCK DO YOU THINK A CAT HAS A GRASP OF WHO OWNS WHAT IN THIS HOUSE? WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THE CAT SHOULD THINK HE OWES YOU SOMETHING? HE'S A FUCKING CAT, HE DOESN'T KNOW THIS SHIT AND HE CAN'T FUCKING LEARN IT, SO DON'T BE MAD WHEN THE CAT THINKS LIKE A FUCKING CAT AND NOT LIKE A FUCKING PERSON.

Anyways...

My mom points out to my dad that he is in a bad mood, and he denies this. My mom also says that the cat is affectionate towards her, and I think she was getting at an argument regarding how just because he's not affectionate towards my dad doesn't mean he's completely antisocial and we should get rid of him. However, my dad quickly cuts her off, complaining that mom only ever thinks about herself. Mom starts to try to get her argument in before being told to "drop it" by my dad. She starts to talk again, and this time he growls/shouts in his best angry big boy voice "DROP IT!" in a way that would almost be funny if he wasn't a grown man who was probably seconds away from getting violent. He then goes on a rant about how whenever he wants to drop an argument, mom always wants to continue it, but whenever he wants an argument to continue, she wants to drop it and walk away, and that this kind of thing goes "2 ways."
So, for my second rant...

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU CONTINUING THE ARGUMENT YOU WANTED TO FUCKING DROP JUST TWO SECONDS AGO? WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU LETTING MOM DROP IT? WHY IS YOUR VERSION OF RESPECT EQUAL TO SOME MAGICAL STREET THAT IS TWO WAYS FOR HER BUT ONLY ONE WAY FOR YOU? AND WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TELLING MOM TO THINK BEYOND HER OWN NOSE WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN THINK HARD ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT THAT A FUCKING CAT DOES NOT HAVE A HUMAN'S MINDSET?

And immediatley after this, comes my final rant.

ATTENTION EMPLOYEES OF WHITE CASTLE. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND MAKE SURE YOUR ORDERS ARE RIGHT, OR ELSE HUSBANDS MAY THROW FITS, DEMANDING RESPECT FROM CATS AND THEIR WIVES WITHOUT GIVING A FUCK AS TO HOW STUPID THEY MAY SOUND.

View user profile

85 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Im really sorry for saying this, Dew, but that was so fucking hilarious.

View user profile

86 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:47 pm

@Semi/Zebra/Jonny the really big problem for me is that fact that I learned all of those kill points is that, when the need arizes, I will be able to kill someone. I felt in a sence imortal because I knew that if someone tried to kill me, I'd have them on the floor bleeding out. I felt that I would never be able to be killed by another person if they got too close to me when I have even a pencil with me.
But recently I realized that they could do the same thing to ME. Of course I always knew, but it just suddenly accured to me that I needed to be perpared to defend myself against that. So I've been thinking about it, and the more I look, the worse it is because I learn how easy it is to kill someone, even me who knows how to kill with my bare fists and can turn many household objects into weapons to brutalize an intruder. And it scares me.

View user profile

87 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Eh, it's life. Most intruders are not there to kill you. They're there to steal.

However, WE, on the other hand ARE out to kill them. If someone broke into my house, they are going to die. That's it. Im not going to call the cops, Im not going to ask them to leave. I am going to kill them.

EDIT: Unless that's illegal here. I know you're legally allowed to kill someone in Louisiana if they were trying to break in, but I don't know about Hawaii. Maybe I would just cripple them, then...

But they probably wouldn't kill you.

If you were in a situation where somone was out to kill you, then you would have to learn how to defend yourself.

View user profile

88 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Well, things have intensified, with dad accusing mom of having an affair, and she went upstairs in a huff like she usually does, the fucking snivelling pussy she is, and as soon as dad goes upstairs, violence will break out.
And then, by tomorrow morning, they will reluctantly smooth things over and bury this instance along with all of the others.

I hope it reaches a head soon. I really fucking do. And I especially hope that it does so at the Kyukido Acadamy, so everyone else there can see just how fucking dysfunctional they are. I hope they get into a physical fight there, and I hope I get to join in, take out my dad's bad knees, and then stomp some fucking sense into his head before doing the same with my mom before anyone gets a chance to drag me off of them.

View user profile

89 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:34 pm

*Clears throat and looks akwardly at everything except Dewmann....*

View user profile

90 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:51 pm

SQUIGGLES

What.

Dew, that's pretty bad, man. I hate sticking my nose into others' business, but you might want to talk to your parents or a counselor if it's affecting you that much. My opinion might not count for much, but don't hit your parents straight out; that's assault and that goes on your record and you'll regret it in the long run.

View user profile

91 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Yeah. I have to agree. Talk to your parents. It's going to seriously suck, big-time, but it will bring things to where they need to go. They're either going to make up, or they're going to Divorce. But things really can't stay the way they are, or you WILL be forced to step in.

And that realllllllly won't be fun.

View user profile

92 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:11 am

SQUIGGLES

TTBM: Not being able to sleep, ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Far out, anyone got any good tips for getting to sleep? I've lost count of the days I've seen the sun fall and rise. I need to get up extra early this week and I'll look like a ghast if I don't get some proper sleeping in.
Inb4 "get off the computer", I shan't even reply to that.

View user profile

93 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:30 am

Well, get some strong sleeping pills and don't OD.

View user profile

94 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:12 am

SQUIGGLES

That never struck me as a particularly healthy option.

View user profile

95 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:12 am

Tuomey

King Under The Bridge
Sleeping pills aren't a great solution man.
They don't work forever.

A few common tips:
  • Establish a bedtime routine and keep it at the same time insofar as that's possible. Maybe drink something warm or read a short book or something.

• Listen to "white noise" when trying to sleep, rain sounds are pretty good for this. Maybe quiet traffic noise if you grew up in a city? Point is, it stops distractions.

• Don't eat coming up to bedtime and eat when you should be having breakfast even if you don't sleep. This will tell your body "inactivity time goes here."

• Quit using your bed for anything other than sleep. Well maybe sex but not eating or gaming or internet, you get the point. Makes your brain realise "sleeping place is here."

• Stay away from bright screens and whatnot for a while before bedtime. Yes this is a variation of gtfo computer - but it is quite helpful and it doesn't have to be a long time before bedtime, just 30mins will make a difference.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Oh I forgot meditation may take you into "stage 1" sleep which will feel like you're awake but can still leave you well rested.

View user profile

96 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:00 am

JT_the_Ninja

Ninjafleet Captain
You could always try the Chuck Norris solution...you'll notice Chuck Norris never needs to sleep; he just waits. []

View user profile http://www.jttheninja.com

97 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Semicolon wrote:TTBM: Not being able to sleep, ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Far out, anyone got any good tips for getting to sleep? I've lost count of the days I've seen the sun fall and rise. I need to get up extra early this week and I'll look like a ghast if I don't get some proper sleeping in.
Inb4 "get off the computer", I shan't even reply to that.

You could mastrubate?

Failing that (Which I really, truly hope you do. Because that would be a hilarious story.) try punching yourself until you fall asleep.

View user profile

98 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm

So I had a TTBM over the past couple of days, for those who live in a country that does not observe it time moved forward an hour today due to daylight savings time. We move our clocks ahead one hour at 2am Sunday morning so 2 becomes 3 and the 2-3 hour never happens.

Anyhoo my store receives delivery @2am on Sundays so you can see where this is going. I had asked the delivery driver last time he delivered if they would be delivering at 3-3:30am or maybe 1:30am to avoid the issue. He said the distribution center would call and confirm delivery time before hand. Well the D/C called a couple of days ago and told another manager the time would be 3:30 for delivery and she called to tell me. The conversation went like this.

her: "Zach the delivery will be at 3:30 tomorrow."

me: "No big deal I will get there at about 1:50 like usual and make sure we are all set up to receive"

"The delivery is at 3:30"

"I know that, time moves forward an hour at 2 in the morning"

"You going to sit up there an hour?"

"no more like 20 min, time moves forward."

"Zach you arent listening, delivery will be there at 3:30 in the morning"

"Yeah and I have to set all the clocks and reboot the registers at change over. and still have to get the set up done."

"You don't need an hour to do that"

FUCKING HELL I COULD TALK TO A WALL AND HAVE IT UNDERSTAND BETTER

View user profile

99 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:39 am

JT_the_Ninja

Ninjafleet Captain
I just turn forward the clocks before I go to bed (this time 11:00pm became 12:00 am), so it may be that she was thinking that you would be going on hour-ahead time as of midnight instead of when it officially changes. Or something like that.

Also, since when is your name Zach? []

View user profile http://www.jttheninja.com

100 Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:42 am

Tuomey

King Under The Bridge
We do have DST in Europe just on a different day.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next