Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Quest for Someguy's Sunglasses or Strike of the Beecat

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 26]

the bus slowed to a stop, its journey was not over but for the three passengers left on the bus it was. Prowler had not slept during the ride, her plans already in motion, she only needed to think of any missed ideas in her work. although, she was beginning to worry about where they were going. Dewman and the android knew where they were going but she had less knowledge about it, and they were sleeping. she didnt want to miss the stop.
there was a clang like the ringing of a bell. it was surprising enough that the bus driver breaked suddenly and caused the dewman, prowler and tacobot to fall forward. alarmed the people glanced around at the cause of the racket.
tacobot stood up holding the sides of its head where normally there would have been ears then it said over the racket
"sorry, my bad. i'll just... oh..." it smacked the side of its head and the clanging stopped. "sorry," it repeated. i forgot i set that for when we arrived." tacobot looked outside the bus and before anyone could reply it jumped and crashed through a window. it pointed,
"this way!" it said brightly, not realizing that it had nearly caused the bus driver to have a heart attack.

View user profile
Running to the front of the bus in order to get out, Dewmann ran back towards the Tacobot, Prowler along with him, in order to continue the rest of the journey. "That probably wasn't the best way to leave the bus." He said, over the screeching of the bus driver getting the hell away from them all, particularly the android. "Nevertheless, from here, we've got about a day of travelling right?"

View user profile
"yuppers!" the android smiled, and started onward, then it looked back at the other two almost creepily. "if the clowns dont get us that is..."
"clowns? really now," prowler seemed annoyed at the android.
"of course clowns! they are the anathema of all things... even androids!"
"riiiiiight." prowler rolled her eyes.

"exactly." tacobot didnt understand sarcasm. they set off and through most of the walk there was no danger, life signs made there appearance in a few places on the Androids sensers,but nothing major likea clown appeared. tacobot watched the two organics following her, she didn't hide the fact she was observing them either. it walked backwards and stared at them curiously. prowler continued to glare at the tacobot whenever it looked at her. dewman just glanced away at the surroundings. eventually even dewman got annoyed
"what are you looking at us for?" he asked, the android shrugged.
"you organics are so strange..."
"Us? what about you?" prowler was annoyed again.
"How are we confusing?" dewman asked.
"as an example, how should i have exited the vehicle? the fastest way out was through the window, and we are short on time yes?" tacobot responded.

View user profile
"A few extra seconds of stepping off of the bus really wouldn't have made much of a difference." Dewmann explained, hoping that somehow, the Tacobot would eventually adapt a bit better to human life. "To be honest, we really aren't even in much of a hurry I don't think. If the guy I'm looking for is still alive, then that means he's not Rare's biggest priority. If he's dead, then he has been for a while, and we've been too late since before we even started this journey."
The light was dimming, as the sky was turning orange with the sunset. Dewmann shivered, as he had not brought proper garb for a night out in mountainy terrain. The other two however seemed unaffected by the cold.
"Let's keep moving. The sooner we get to Rare's old hideout, the better. I'd rather not have come all this way only to freeze to death."

View user profile
"slow? fast? make up your mind." the android threw up its arms giving up on it all at once.
"maybe you should have been better prepared for this." Prowler said in an almost threatening tone.
"it is here." tacobot stated matter of factly, suddenly stopping in front of what looked like a huge wall. they were standing at the base of a cliff that went at least a hundred feet up into the air. the base of mount marmalade, Dewman recalled with a smile.
"this is a very delicate process, the doors werent supposed to be opened again after... the incident." the tacobot stared at the blank cliff-face for a moment.
"that isnt a door, robot." prowler grew impatient.
"but it is." tacobot placed its palm on the cliff-face ans sure enough small cracks appeared in a door that looked to be ten feet tall. "hmmm... hold on a sec. someone decided to put a few firewalls here." the tacobot seemed to partially power down again as the door began to open. then there was a much louder sound from within the hideout, the sound of fabric stretching, and it was getting closer.
the android began to repeat a code in 1's and 0's unresponsive to the sounds emanating from inside the doors.
the door cracked open wider and dewman stared in horror remembering why this place had been closed off.

View user profile
Someguy quickly dialed his phone number on AM's cellphone. He placed the machine near his ear and silently waited, hoping that someone would answer.

The phone got picked up, and the voice of a woman in her 40's asked: ''Hello?''

Charles only said ''Hey mom'' before getting bombarded with questions. (The conversation is in Quebec French, but for your convenience, it's translated into English)

''Charles?! Oh my goodness, Charles! Are you alright? What's happening? Where are you?''

Charles smiled. He expected a similar reaction.

''Mom, it's alright, I'm fine. I'm with my friend. We've gone into hiding for a small while, but I'll be back home when things will calm down, and-''

''No no, you tell me what is going on! What's with these things I hear from Catherine and Sabrina about weird creatures looking for you? Who are you with? And you tell me where you are right now! Please! I'm so worried!''

''Mom, it would be way too long to explain, and I'm with my buddy Stef. I'm fine. No need to worry.''

''Please, tell me where you are...''

''I can't''

''Why?''

''Too dangerous.''

''Charles, please tell me!''

''I can't! I'd love to comfort you, but I can't! Besides, there's nothing you could do. I gotta go now. I love you.''

''No, wait, Char-''

For the first time in his life, he hung up before his mom was finished a phrase. He looked at the cellphone. Something seemed...strange...about her mom. His friend, with a mouth full of food, asked: ''What's wrong?''

''I don't know...'' Someguy replied. ''But I think I might have made a mistake with that bloody call.''

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the way back in the Ferland household, a beecat hung up the phone. The beecat looked at his superior, and said:

''No luck. He didn't say where he was.''

Chantal Ferland (Charles' mom, duh) was sitting on her bed besides the phone. She wanted to answer the call, but these...things...got to it first. The thing who answered even seemed to have the ability of perfectly mimicking voices. The general turned to her, and asked:

''Miss Ferland, would you happen to know where your son could be hiding?''

Chantal looked up to the thing, and replied a bit harshly ''No.''

''Look, we know he's your son, and you want to defend him, it's only natural, bu-''

''What do you want with him anyways?!'' Chantal asked angrily, while standing up.

''We already told you, ma'am, it's a matter of justice. Your boy broke some laws, and we just want him punished for them.''

''What kind of laws would get you peoples following him so much?''

''A small matter of security with our Queen, ma'am.''

''But Charles would never-''

''He did.'' The beecat was getting a bit annoyed. ''Now do you know where your son is or not?''

''No!'' Chantal also wanted to add and I wouldn't tell you even if I did know, but she didn't feel like pushing her luck. The two weird creatures got out of the room, leaving her inside alone.

In the hall, the soldier who answered the phone turned to his general and asked:

''Do you think she was lying?''

''No, she wouldn't.'' The general replied.

''Well, now, we can't do anything about Someguy...''

The general and the soldier entered the living room. Nice place. Had a few religious paintings, but otherwise comfy. He made sure no one was around before continuing, in a low voice.

''On the contrary. We now know he's still alive somewhere, and that the futons didn't get him or his stupid friend. We now know that he's in hiding. I want you to go to Her Majesty and tell her and the hunting party this important news. And I don't see any reason why we should stay in this dump.''

''Yes Sir.''

And with that, the small beecat left the house and started flying towards her Queen.

Last edited by someguy3657 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Earlier:
Prowler suddenly stopped and sniffed the air. Her eyes darted from side to side. She went into her +Anima form, which gave her claws and fangs, and lept about 10 feet* in to a bush. There was squeking and snaping. A few seconds later she came out with an armful of bunnies and thier parents. They didn't have any visible injerys, so she must have snaped their necks.
"Supper is served." she said while handing most of them to Dewmann after selecting a few bunnies for her own. She reached into her pockets and took out two stones.
"Make yourself useful and start a fire," Prowler said while tossing them too Taco. As she walk off she tore a chunk of off rabbit and gobled it down.
Dewmann and Taco where spechless.

View user profile
"I..can go without eating." Dewmann said, gently laying the dead rabbits to the ground. He certainly wasn't a prude, and didn't mind hunting, regardless of the manner of death of the creature, so long as it wasn't drawn out and horrible, but he had always been uncomfortable around corpses, as his thoughts would always drift towards those of death and what comes afterwords.
"Suit yourself." And with that, Prowler snatched Dewmann's share of rabbits, and began eating them.
Fucking savage. Dewmann couldn't help but think.

Back at the entrance, Dewmann stepped inside, only to see that the old damage fo the place had worsened with age, but the original marks were still there and quite recognizable. He took a minute to regain his bearings, and walked in further, a bit eased by the sounds of chatter going on deeper in the caverns.

View user profile
tacobot regained its visual sensors and saw the doorway opened, a cavern inside stretching far into darkness. dewman and prowler were already inside and investigating, so the tacobot followed them. it was unsure now what way to go, it knew this place but over time the familiar paths had become rearranged and confusing. it had at once been a bright and hopeful place before... the incident.
"what's this place supposed to be?" prowler asked as she surveyed the area for enemies.
"rare's old hidout." dewman and tacobot replied at the same time.
"it doesnt look how i thought it would." she said.
tacobot realized that it could hear sounds further on, that's where dewman was heading, with prowler following. the android stared after them for a moment, thinking to itself that there was a reason this place had been sealed off. standing still it reviewed data inside its memory log. there was a log created very soon after the tacobot had been reactivated. it was rare saying "NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER open this door. but if you do open this door, dont leave it open! i'm exacting a protocol 113 here. do not allow the door to remain open, or else the futons will escape and hurt alot of innocent ppl." the tacobot had replied "understood"
the android turned back at the door and waved its hand over the panel, the doors shut with a long drawn out grumble. leaving them in darkness. tacobot activated its infrared vision and began to follow dewman and Prowler.

View user profile
Dewmann stopped, and looked at the ground. Just beyond the entrance, there were dozens of futons, laying torn, shredded, and dead, across the ground. "Somebody really has been here before us." He muttered. "These futons were all killed. Why litter the place with their corpses unless they were all once alive here?"

View user profile
"maybe its a futon sematary, like the pet sematary. ooooooooo." taco attempted to sound scary but by the look onthe others faces which were a mix of confusion and annoyance it stopped.
"OR, someone killed them. in which case they have much more to worry about now that i'm here." prowler stated.
"we can follow the trail right?" taco looked embarrassed for a second. "futons are inorganic, making it difficult for me to find them."
"so?" prowler put her hands on her hips.
"so, we should be alert." the android added.
"i'm always alert, and i dont need any malfunctioning equipment telling me what to do either." prowler strode pass them confidently.
"i dont malfunction... all the time."

View user profile
Dewmann stepped further into the caverns, memorobillia everywhere he looked. Focusing on the task at hand, he risked a shout. "Hello!? Is anyone here?"

View user profile
tacobot searched for anything of interest, dewman began calling out for anyone that could be here.
"doyou WANTthe enemies to find us?" prowler demanded of dewman. before dewman could reply they suddenly heard the indiana jones theme song start up. it echoed even more than dewman's voice had carried.
in the next instant tacobot swung through the air on a rope, the song seemed to come from the tacobot, apparently it could playback songs it heard. "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" it swung out and then realized that it was going to hit a wall. "oh cra-" it slammed into the wall and the music shorted out. tacobot fell down into a pile of junk that noisily clanged and banged so loudly that the other two covered their ears.
Spoiler:
"i'm ok, i'm good!" tacobot leapt from the junkpile apparently unhurt. "i'm gonna do it again!"

View user profile
"Ummm, what was that?" Someguy asked, turning to the sound of the crash.

"Could it be...Rare?" asked AM with a bit of worry.

"I have no idea, but I think we should prepare ourselves for the worst, just in case."

They quickly finished eating their food and moved a few things, making defenses and preparing their weapons.

View user profile
"Well, no one's coming, hopefully that's a good sign." Dewmann mused, as the gorup ventured further into the cavern (After the Tacobot had again, swung into a wall.)
Moving in deeper, they heard the sounds of shuffling, as if things were being moved around somewhere else in the cave. "So we're not alone then?" Dewmann said to himself, before again, calling out "Hello!?"

View user profile
"up there!" taco spotted movement several floors above them. they were standing in a crater, made during the futon attack, the hole went through several floors and you could just barely make out the flickering of light on one of them.
"i'm a gonna be a spy!" and with that the taco bot sprinted ahead.

View user profile
"Hold on for a moment," Prowler said. Taco came to abrupt halt, in an almost cartoonish fasion. Prowler reached into her pocket and took out the tuff of hair that Draven gave her. She sniffed it, then sniffed the air. That was him alright.
"Finnaly, I found him! And one of the best parts about that is that I get to do THIS!" Prowler said, and at the word 'this', she gave Taco a roundhouse kick to the face while going +Anima.
Taco fell to the floor, being the robot equivent of being dazed. Prowler turned to Dewmann and said, "You are so gullable. You really trusted me, rebel? I work for Rare, and if the asignments are going to be this fun, I might become a perenmint meber of her army!"

View user profile

Hollyღ

Dove in the Moonlight
Rare preened a claw thoughtfully, running her tongue over her delicate paw as she watched the scene unfold below her. She flicked her ear over the annoyance that she had missed much of the action, but showed no other emotion otherwise, her eyes calm and clear behind familiar black sunglasses.

"You are so gullable. You really trusted me, rebel? I work for Rare, and if the asignments are going to be this fun, I might become a perenmint meber of her army!"

Rare gave a small cough, which echoed shockingly loud in the cavern. She lowered herself, carefully watching the others as she did so - there was very little light entering the cavern, but what had made its way inside illuminated the beecat, casting her shadow on the walls and along the ceiling. She picked up her dazed robot with her powers, and fixed the broken circuits inside with her psychic energy. Soon the robot was standing ready again.

"Thank you, Prowler, and Tacobot for your assistance. As for you, Someguy, we have came so far." Rare broke the silence with her cooing voice. "Why don't you just hand yourself over now, so we can get this over with? You know the rules for rebelling against me." She laughed, and shook her head in the near darkness. "I am just one of the moderator sages. If my power is not enough to bring you down, which I am positive it is, I will return, stronger than before, and deal you more pain than your tiny, human body will be able to tolerate. So, I ask you again. Give yourself up willingly, and make it easier on everyone."

Rare glanced at Dewman. "Taco, I thought I told you to kill his sidekicks?" Rare sighed. "Oh nevermind." Rare turned slowly, her back against the group, but before anyone could react, the mew was facing Dewman again, waved her paw in the air with a wide swoop, and the man who stood before them previously was thrown in the air, and smashed into the wall, leaving a hole of dirt, dust and debris on his impact.

She began her assault.

View user profile
"I kind of expected this." Dewmann answered, as when Prowler had kicked the Tacobot, Dewmann used the precious second he had to draw his sidearm and take aim at her. "This is a bit of a reassurance really. If you've been sent here to find Charles and stop me at the same time, it's very unlikely Rare would have sent out anyone else to this location. Right now, we're all alone, and no matter how good your reflexes are, I can pull a trigger faster. So I suggest you-"

He stopped at the sight of Rare, descending from the top of the cave. Tacoline stood up at once, repaired by her mistress, and sprinting from another part of the caverns, came a young man, not much older then Dewmann, and when he saw Rare, he looked as if his heart had stopped beating for a moment.

"Thank you, Prowler, and Tacobot for your assistance. As for you, Someguy, we have came so far. Why don't you just hand yourself over now, so we can get this over with? You know the rules for rebelling against me." She paused to laugh at Charles's impending fate, continuing on, with her gloating. "I am just one of the moderator sages. If my power is not enough to bring you down, which I am positive it is, I will return, stronger than before, and deal you more pain than your tiny, human body will be able to tolerate. So, I ask you again. Give yourself up willingly, and make it easier on everyone."

She turned to face Dewmann, and he found himself aiming at Rare, but unable to pull the trigger. Whether that was due to Rare keeping him from firing, or his own insecurities of shooting someone else, regardless of who it was, he could not tell.

"Taco, I thought I told you to kill his sidekicks? Oh nevermind."

With that, Dewmann found himself flying in the air, and his gun dropped to the floor. He attempted to brace himself before smashing into a rock wall, backfirst, before faceplanting into the ground. His whole body was filled with agony, as his nose was smashed, one eye was blackened, and warm blood flowed out of his mouth. Finding the energy to pick his head up, he started groaning in pain, any words that came out of his mouth being curses directed towards Rare.

Last edited by Dewmann on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:22 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile
Prowler stepped forward and said, "My Queen, let me fight him. Tou came for Someguy, who is not of any threat to you, and I've looked forward to fighting Dewmann."

View user profile
Dragging himself over to his dropped gun, Dewmann snatched it, and aimed with one shakey hand at Prowler and Rare. Rage and the instinct of survival made him much more willing to fire this time, and, as he sqeezed the trigger, most of the bullets in that clip weren't likely to hit anything, but that wasn't what he was thinking while he gritted his teeth and snarled with every shot.

View user profile

Hollyღ

Dove in the Moonlight
Rare tapped a claw on her cheek in thought, her bright eyes reflecting her racing thoughts. The light around the cavern was fighting the dulling effects of the dust and debris that Dewman's impact had caused, but her keen eyesight allowed her to see past the darkness, and into the eyes of the frightened Someguy. She mulled the idea of letting her minions - no, proud official members of her army - deal with the lesser threats. She stretched out her paw, flexed her claws in the air, eyes still locked on Someguy. His sunglasses now rested snugly on Rare's head.

"Very well, Prowler. You have proved your loyalty to me enough. I will let you enjoy yourself and explore the extent to your powers." Rare searched the cavern with her mind to find the location of her robot. "Taco, I am upgrading you with new technology. I need you to locate a certain pokemon for me. He should be nearby, but if not, alert me of this fact and head out to locate him. He is a Riolu...I believe his name is Esbiate. Do not kill or harm him, but bring him to me."

Rare stopped flexing her paw, and tightened it into a small, pink, furry fist of anger. "Someguy..I've waited to long for this."

Suddenly shots were fired. At first, Rare didn't register the noise, as it was loud and sudden, and the noise threw her off balance - was this loud, echoing noise preventing her from focusing? No mew was so imperfect it could be defeated that easily! Rare snarled and twisted around to face Dewman, using her psychic powers to slow the bullets enough to dodge them. She focused any rounds heading towards Prowler away, and felt her anger bubbling up to a new level. She restrained herself from snapping Dewman's neck instantly, as she had promised Prowler a well deserved fight.

"You will have to try better than that." Rare sneered at Dewman, who panted and gritted his teeth. "Enough of this foolishness!" Rare focused her attention on Someguy, and with a blast of energy, flew at top speed towards the Canadian.

View user profile
AwesomeMedic and Someguy looked at each other nervously. Rare was near, and by the sound of the crash, someone got attacked. AM asked Somguy:

"So...what are you gonna do? Give up?"

"Nope" immediately responded Someguy while he stood up. Stef started laughing and got up to his feet as well.

"No? Then you're gonna epicly fight to the death?"

"Nope. We're getting out of here..."

"How? Rare's blocking the only exit..."

"Correction, my dear friend. Rare is blocking one of the exits..."

Suddenly, gun shots were heard. Charles said:

"C'mon! Follow me."

The two boys quickly headed to Someguy's old room. Only a broken down bed and a bit of rubbish were left in the room. Someguy headed to one of the corners and bent over, as if to tie his shoes. Moments later, he opened a trapdoor concealed into the ground. AwesomeMedic's mouth fell open. He would've never guessed, not in a million years, that a secret pathway was hidden here. Someguy smiled, and said:

"I've built this when I used to live here, in case of trouble. Well, we're now in trouble, so let's use it. It'll get us off the mountain, but after that, we'll have to run like crazy, and hope no one spots us. You up for it?"

AM nodded, smiling as well. He entered the pathway, slowly followed by Charles, who closed the door behind him. It was well hidden, and Rare wouldn't notice it.

Hopefully.

View user profile
the round house kick to te face knocked the tacobot down and shook loose a wire in its head (even though it has a lot of loose wires). dazed and confused the next sight it saw was of its mistress raising and repairing it.
"Thank you, Prowler, and Tacobot for your assistance. As for you, Someguy, we have came so far." Rare broke the silence with her cooing voice. "Why don't you just hand yourself over now, so we can get this over with? You know the rules for rebelling against me." She laughed, and shook her head in the near darkness. "I am just one of the moderator sages. If my power is not enough to bring you down, which I am positive it is, I will return, stronger than before, and deal you more pain than your tiny, human body will be able to tolerate. So, I ask you again. Give yourself up willingly, and make it easier on everyone."

Rare glanced at Dewman. "Taco, I thought I told you to kill his sidekicks?"
"you never said that!" tacobot looked at its mistress indignantly. "you said-"
Rare sighed. "Oh nevermind."
the tacobot was then raised in the air again by its mistresses psychic powers
"Taco, I am upgrading you with new technology. I need you to locate a certain pokemon for me. He should be nearby, but if not, alert me of this fact and head out to locate him. He is a Riolu...I believe his name is Esbiate. Do not kill or harm him, but bring him to me."
"you got it!" tacobot saluted and started running.
biut instead of utilizing its new tech for finding the pokemon, it suddenly made a 90 degree turn and dived low and swept its legs around, sweeping prowler in her +anima mode to the ground. all the while yelling
"REVENGE!" in the few precious seconds before prowler was on her feet again, the android tossed him a cupcake and said "take this its dangerous to go alone." then without waiting for a reply started running again.

the new tech was greatly improved over the last bit. for one it could create a 3d image of it location and find the most useful exit.
it jumped and nose dived into a trapdoor, breaking through the door itself. when it fell it created a dust pile. it was up again instantly band ran full speed until it saw two other people running in the same direction as it.
"hey watcha doin?" it asked them suddenly running beside them.

View user profile
AwesomeMedic and Someguy were so surprised at the sudden appearance of Taco that they nearly stopped. They stared at each other, then at the robot, who was far ahead of them, then back at each other, then behind them. The only way the Taco could've come here is through the trapdoor. When the two boys concluded that, they both gave a quick swear and started running twice as fast as earlier.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum